Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bronies In The News (and Adventure Time too!)

Following my obsession with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and the Brony culture in general, I thought I'd upload a couple of youtube videos I found discussing the phenomenon.  Neither of these are breaking news, but still, they're fun.

The first is from the popular internet vlog RocketBoom and features MemeMolly discussing the impact the fandom has had on the show’s production (particularly the characterization of Derpy Hooves) and how a similar thing happened to a little Cartoon Network show that is also near and dear to my heart.  That's right, it's ...




Enjoy!



The next is a clip from Fox News' show RED EYE.  The discussion is mostly back and forth which is usual for Fox.  Some like it, some don't, but it's still cool to see it mentioned and discussed on a serious news network.  It just goes to show how far the reach of the herd has extended!



And finally we have the one and only Stephen Colbert giving a shoutout to Bronies on The Colbert Report even though he admits he doesn't know what a Brony is.  That almost makes the comment superfluous, I guess, but then it is Stephen Colbert.  Has he ever known what he's talking about?

The comment doesn't come until the 50 second mark, so if you want, just skip to that.  Later every pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment